Saturday, February 23, 2013

Piper Rolls Over!

A few months ago someone asked me if Piper was rolling over yet and my response was, "I don't encourage that kind of behavior in my house".  Now don't get me wrong, I simply meant it as a humorous way of saying I wasn't ready for that major milestone yet.  After all, Piper is my last baby and I want to cherish in the moments of her infancy before she bolts into toddlerhood. With Salem, we were so excited to have him hit every milestone that we pushed him through games and exercises.  But we soon realized that babies do their own thing on their own time regardless of how much we encourage them.  Piper has been pretty content just laying back and watching life go by, without even attempting a roll over until this past Thursday (the day before she turned 7 months).  Although she had to try a few times before actually turning from her back to her belly, she managed to accomplish her goal! Before long our dear baby girl will be motoring about the house getting into trouble with her brother.  I need a nap just thinking about it!
Gaining momentum

Halfway break

Almost there!

She made it, drool and all!


1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

Way to go, Piper!!! Oh my goodness that smile... I could eat up those chubby cheeks!