Friday, May 16, 2008

Fasting, parties and interviews

What a crazy week so far! Today is day 5 of an 8-day fast I am doing and so far, so good! What's funny though is last night Miguel (my boyfriend) and I were invited to a graduation party. This would be a blast during any other week, but not so much while refraining from food or alcohol. So, as I looked up the venue online (so I would know where to go), we realized that it was a Mexican restaurant. Miguel is a HUGE Mexican food junky and decided right then that he didn't want to go. He said he wasn't sure if he could restrain himself from food. I told him this would be his biggest test of will power yet and that we should at least stop by to give our congratulations. So we go to the party, grab a glass of water with lemon and head over to our graduating friend to say hello. There we stood amidst the smells of awesome food and people consume their tasty mind-altering beverages, trying to hold a meaningful conversation with our buddy. It didn't help that I am making two half-sheet cakes for his family graduation party and we talked mostly about those. At this point, I am beginning to salivate all over Miguel and can hardly take anymore temptation, so we made some excuse about having a million things to do and practically ran out the door. In reflection, I feel awful about being so selfish that I couldn't put my desires aside and be a true friend. But, I also figure my friend probably got loaded, took a cab to his hotel room and had some sex. All in all, I hardly doubt he is upset by our mad dash to the door.

Today is going to be a great day, I can just feel it. I have two interviews for baking positions today. Both at great and reputable companies as well. So long as neither of these go the way my 'interview' went yesterday (I was told to be there at 3pm to interview, yet when I arrived some random guy shooed me aside and told me to fill out an application, and then didn't speak to me again because he was in a meeting, uh okay). Cross your fingers for me! I hope at least one of these two interviews works out; I want to go back to work.

Tomorrow I shall discuss my adventures with creating two marble sheet cakes with the Metro State Roadrunners logo on top. All things I have never done before! Ha, should be a hoot! Happy Friday to all!

No comments: