Wednesday, May 14, 2008

First Blog

This is my first attempt at a blog. I am sure things will get easier and better with practice. I decided to begin this venture to share all of the wonderfully sweet things I experience, create, remember, and witness.

I recently began a complete life transformation which started last December when I decided to quit my job to find my 'true calling'. Through some guidance and intuition, I realized that I want my time here on earth to mean something. I have always loved to bake and I felt this growing desire to make a profession of it. So, I took a break from graduate school and enrolled in a Pastry Skills course at a wonderful culinary school in Boulder, CO.

After completing the class, I came out with new friends, understanding and a deeper passion for creating beauty with food. Now, I am looking for a baking position at a local bakery where I can apply my skills and pay some bills. Last weekend, I entered a 4-tiered Chocolate Wedding Cake in a local competition (pictures below). Although I didn't place at all, I learned a lot and showed my work.

Here we are, starting a blog so that I can remember my life and share it with others. I will post a variety of things, because I cannot focus on one subject.






No comments: