Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Graduation cake, yard work, new job

During one of the interviews on Friday, I was offered a position and yesterday was my first day. I can honestly say, I love this job. I'm such a nerd but, I feel so comfortable and at home there. Plus, I was told I would be starting as part-time and today my boss said I would be working full-time! Yes! I need a paycheck again. And to top it off, I get paid weekly. I love that.
On Saturday, I began my day decorating two graduation cakes. These were a definite challenge for me, but after waking up Mig by yelling and demanding to know the whereabouts of my large beveled spatula, I successfully finished the cakes with exactly 2 minutes to spare.



After the cakes left my sight forever, we headed across the street to a moving sale the neighbors were having. We scored a super nice cherry walnut bookshelf which now houses my DVDs (and they fit perfectly) and some board games. Then it was off to yard work where the garden plot out front was finally tackled. There were two large root systems that caused a few problems including, but not limited to, a broken shovel, a broken hoe, and lots of angst. We finished the night off with a drive to Fort Collins for a graduation party and some good times with good friends and my lovely, wonderful sister.
Yesterday, the garden took her first breath of new life. Everything is in its place and planted. I think it looks really good. The wildflowers are next and will be sowed tomorrow. Thursday, I will be heading back to the Fort for some tattooing, hanging with my sis, and creating memories with friends. My final thought today is a reminder that life is wonderful and we choose what to make of it, so choose happiness and love!













No comments: