Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New Home

It seems like most of my friends are buying their first homes. Well, Mig and I are no different except one tiny detail: we want our first home purchase to be one on wheels. Last week we went and looked at a potential 'house', a 1978 Chevy Van Motorhome. She's a beauty and runs like a dream.



We are still on the lookout for other options but we are sticking to a few criteria:
a) Must be a classic
b) Don't want to spend more than $3000
c) Has to have character, but be in good shape
d) Can't need a ton of work (unless it is less than $1000)

Not too much to ask, I think. This vehicle/house needs to be able to accomodate myself, Miguel and the two dogs for at least a year as we travel the entire U.S. We plan on making some modifications in order to gain better mpg and overall energy efficiency. I hope to purchase our dream home very soon and get this adventure underway.

1 comment:

Ann Stecker said...

The best part about these pictures is the wall paper/panelling...
Who needs art when you already have one of nature's picturesque scenes built in?!

There I go, being a typical girl. Aesthetics, aesthetics, aesthetics...