Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Biltmore

Here I sit in the Asheville airport and I finally have a consistent enough internet connection to post this.
On Wednesday, my friend Kim and I went to the famous Biltmore Estate (Kim had 2 free passes, which is great because admission is around $45 otherwise). The Biltmore is promoted as the largest house in America. Although the entire house is utterly amazing there was one room that took our breath away: the library. Filled with over 10,000 books on two levels, this may be the most beautiful room I have ever seen. I highly recommend a visit to this estate which is also home to an amazing garden and fantastic views along the driveway to/from the house (about a 15 min drive in either direction).

North Carolina is beautiful in a way that Colorado cannot even compare. There are rolling hills covered with trees of green and blooming bursts of flowers everywhere. I suppose it helps that it is spring. My only complaint on this trip is that there has been rain everyday; which usually stops in the afternoon but leaves the air thick with humidity. In all honesty, I have been overly lazy on this visit (partially because I am alone while Kim is in Vegas for four days) and have been working on getting my mind in the right place.

No comments: