Thursday, May 21, 2009

Moving towards the goal

This week has proved to be a wild one. It all started with my return from North Carolina on Monday. From there I was whisked right back into the hectic-ness that is my life: ate something, walked dogs, rode bike to bar for Nuggets game, returned home to find 2 missed calls from family (which is never a good sign), listened to messages about how my father was in an accident but is alive and fine- just a little bashed up, tried to return calls with no luck, tried to sleep. That's just Monday evening.


On Tuesday I had the great pleasure of reuniting with my best friend from college whom I haven't really spoken to in 7ish years. We shared laughs and stories over drinks with another friend of ours. I can honestly say the time has definitely allowed us both to grow. We parted ways and I headed over to another friend's house for a bbq and some business chat. Our logo is coming along nicely and I cannot wait to unveil it to the world!


Wednesday I spent every free moment loading old pictures onto flickr in the hopes that I will someday have my collection online (my way of backing up files). I read an email from my beautiful sister who has this amazing ability to lift your spirits just right (her emails are always filled with inspirational quotes, thoughts, pictures, etc). Amongst the quotes was a picture that I thought would be perfect for our wedding invites, except I needed to add a personal touch; I spent the afternoon painting my idea and came up with something great (which will have to wait to post until after the invites are sent). Ended the day listening to the Nuggets win the second round of playoffs and jumping around wildly. First time in 24 years that the Nuggs have made it this far. Woo!


Today I tried to mow the lawn but Mig had the gas can in his truck, so no go. Decided to weed-eat but failed due to mechanical difficulties. Wound up driving to Miguel's work and hung out there for a bit. Talked to my dad; he is doing just fine. Mig and I went to the grocery store for his lunch break and then I came home. We are headed out this evening to check out our possible new home and I am pumped. Here are some pics:



Here's to an even more productive weekend!

No comments: