Thursday, January 17, 2013

Piper's First....

One of the greatest parts of having children is watching them experience so many new things.  You only get so many 'firsts' in your lifetime and many of those come in that first year of life.  This week our little Piper Jane had some notable firsts that I just had to share.  On Sunday, I realized (after a few sleep deprived nights) that Piper should probably try solid foods and that I should accept that my baby girl is growing fast.  I was trying to hold out until her six month 'birthday', which is next Tuesday, but she was telling me otherwise. So, on Monday, Piper got her first taste of rice cereal mixed with breast milk. I forgot just how funny babies are when they first try solid foods! She had this intense look on her face as though she was bound and determined to figure this eating thing out, but couldn't really manage more than a few tiny bites.  However, as the week has progressed, she can actually take in a few spoonfuls with pride.
Alright, I'm gonna eat!
Does it always taste like this?!?!

 Piper also went swimming for the first time today.  I was filled with mixed emotions when I slipped her into her adorable swimwear (which I bought on clearance shortly after she was born), mostly because my six-month old fit perfectly into a size 12month suit! Seriously, this girl is growing too fast.  For the last year, we have held a membership at the funplex/gym, which has an amazing pool setup for kids young and old.  Unfortunately, our membership is coming to a close and we have opted not to renew it for a number of financial reasons. Anyway, I had a few free passes that also expire next week, so my sister-in-law, niece and nephew drove out to swim with me and Piper.  Piper loved it and was instantly splashing away! Her cousin, Govanni was a bit slower to warm up to the idea but eventually they played together in their little baby ways. Piper loved laying on her back, relaxing along my legs and enjoying the nice warm water. 

Govanni, Maria and Piper


Loving Cousins


Gettin' Mama



No comments: