Thursday, January 22, 2009

Engagement

Yesterday was my 3 year anniversary with Miguel and I was greeted with a wonderful surprise: a proposal for marriage! Now we have a new anniversary to celebrate ;)

This story is a cheesy one, but absolutely fantastic too:

As you may know I am not your 'typical' girl and I generally find (what many see as) classic romance nauseating; however, my lover eats the shit up like cake. So I decided I was going to step out of my box and make our anniversary really romantic. I'm talking candles, flowers, love songs, fancy dinner, special painting painted by me, the works. On Tuesday, my friend Kim had sent an email saying she would like to hang out on Wednesday. I responded with a yes and clarified that I need to be home by 3 to set up for my big night with Miguel.

Tuesday night, Miguel came home sick from his second job and I sent him straight to bed. I needed my man well so I could woo him the next day. In the morning, Miguel was feeling better and I got up, made his lunch, and sent him to work (or so I thought). Then I began to plan my day. Kim came over at 11am and we proceeded to the Dollar Store (for candles) and then to a Paint Your Own Pottery store to get creative ;)

At around 2, Kim and I headed back to my place where she wished me a Happy Anniversary and I walked to the door. As I got closer to the house I could smell something delicious coming from within. I sensed rosemary and garlic, and then instantly became confused. Had I forgot about something I was cooking? No. Hmm, maybe I'm just hungry? I walked in the door to find this....








Needless to say, I was completely shocked!! I emptied my arms while calling out for Miguel. No response. All of a sudden I realized that my favorite Cat Stevens songs was faintly playing on our record player. I then decided to follow the trail of rose petals (fake too.... I taught Miguel the art of reuse well) which led into my bedroom. There he was, all gussied up for me-tie and everything. As I walked in, he dropped to one knee and said some of the sweetest words (which are honestly kind of a blur so I will have to re post when he writes it down for me, haha) and said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and asked if I would join him.... I replied with a huge 'of course, of course, yes, yes, yes, now get up and kiss me' as tears streamed down my face ;) I was presented with a very fake and huge engagement ring, which is a stand in for the one we ordered.


I am officially engaged to the most considerate, sweet, caring, loving, sexy, smart, amazing man on the planet!!!! Happy Anniversary INDEED!

No comments: