Friday, January 23, 2009

Training

About a week ago I was chatting with my sister about how I wanted to find a race to train for, thus, giving me motivation to get back in shape. A few days after our intial conversation, Sara approached me with the idea of training for the Bolder Boulder. A run that I have been quite familiar with as a spectator for years. This is a 10K run that winds through beautiful Boulder, Colorado. I talked it over with Miguel and we have since decided to give it a go and start running!
The race is at the end of May, which gives us approximately 4 months to whip our lazy bodies into shape. This morning was my first test of fitness and I'm sad to say I failed miserably. (Last summer Mig scored a $60 treadmill and I have been on it a total of 6 times since then). Today, I walked/jogged for 30 minutes and covered a total of 1.78 miles. Actually not too bad, but at that pace it will take me 2 hours and complete exhaustion to finish the race.
Looks like I have a lot of work cut out for me over the next 4 months. But, the way I see it, this experience is going to bring Miguel, Sara, and I closer and we will feel AMAZING after we cross that finish line--- not to mention I will look smoking hot again (just like when I graduated high school, haha). A perfect way to begin my 'lose weight for wedding' program! ;)
Here's to finding something to help you whip your ass into shape!!!! Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude you will not regret it! You will be my motivation to run out here in the tundra!