Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Terrific Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday to you all! I awoke this morning in a wonderful mood and have decided that Tuesday is a day for gratitude (we should feel grateful everyday, I'm just going to write about it on Tuesday). I think I will make this a regular series on the ol' Cinful Sweets. Each Tuesday I will write about something that makes me feel thankful for my everyday existence. Perhaps this little activity will help me to slow down and truly appreciate the people, places and circumstances in my life.

For this Terrific Tuesday, I am truly grateful for my wonderfully simple life. After awaking early to pack a healthy and delicious lunch (Blueberry Frosted Mini Wheats, Bananas with vanilla yogurt and walnuts, sweet potato fries, and vegetarian chili with a grilled cheese sandwich on the side) for Miguel, I returned to my comfortable bed where my two adorable pups were sleeping. I crawled under the covers, turned the light on my side table on and continued reading where I had left off last night.
I'm making my way through David Sedaris' new book, When You Are Engulfed in Flames and I love it. Humor and family mixed together, besides what's funnier than your family? I read a few of the short stories, kissed the fiancee adios and then laid my head back down for a quick nap. I suddenly awake to a dog staring at me and a sweet text from my hunny, ready to start the day with a smile and a true sense of gratitude for my wonderful life!!!
I know that most people have to get up early and rush right into their lives, kids, work, etc. I also know that I am truly blessed that Mig and I make it work mostly on his salary, but that's just because we have chosen a simple life. Someday I will return to the work-force full time and will most definitely find myself daydreaming of simpler times, but for now, I am happy for this Terrific Tuesday!

No comments: