Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Alarm Clock-Snooze

I do not understand the concept of 'snoozing'. Everyday Miguel sets his alarm clock for about 40-45 minutes before he actually needs to awake and then plays a game with himself where he falls asleep and then is rudely awoken every 5 minutes, until it is finally the last minute he has to get out of bed.

What the fuck is the point of this? Wouldn't it make more sense to simply sleep through those 45 minutes and get the benefit of actually snoozing? And why is it called snooze? I always used the words sleep and snooze interchangeably, have I been wrong for 29 years?

A series of 11, 4-minutes naps seems like it takes more energy than you are gaining. Plus, then I get to start my day with what seems to be an endless alarm. I say one can still 'snooze' without being so annoying; set your alarm for 10 minutes before you NEED to get up and push that trusty '5-minutes more' button twice. You still get the need for continuous startling out of your system but then you don't drive your spouse INSANE! Win-win.

No comments: