Friday, April 17, 2009

Silly Cards and Hamburger Buns

Ha! I finally uploaded pictures of the Welcome Home card I made for my sister, which reminded me of how funny I think I am.

Yes, that is my white face on Giselle's tan, thin body and Miguel's head on a lady with a chainshaw. Old school PhotoShop, except the word captions are pop-up style for a 3-D feel.

In other news: today is cold, wet and snowy so I thought the use of a crockpot would be a nice touch.
I decided on bbq chicken made from legs and thighs (started with bones but tore the meat off once cooked). After envisioning shredded chicken swimming in bbq sauce, I decided fresh baked hamburger buns were necessary. I found a wonderful recipe for buns here http://rosas-yummy-yums.blogspot.com/2006/10/world-bread-day-2006-hamburger-buns.html.
I followed the directions mostly; forgot to add the butter. The end result was awesome regardless. My fridge is still broken so were just trying to get by with random creative snacks (that unfortunately are not very healthy).











No comments: